Saturday 13 February 2010

21 Years

Thoughts on the Day...
It was my 21st birthday on Tuesday which I celebrated by having a meal with friends and family at a Japanese restaurant. Inevitably in these situations you get people saying 'Wow, so you're really (insert age here) now' to which there is no other response than 'yes'. Of course the real reason behind this is because nothing makes us feel older than those around you aging. It's bizarre for me to sometimes look at my younger cousins or my niece or even people who were in the years below me at school and realise how much they have grown up. But for now I still don't mind celebrating Birthdays and will try my best never to say 'you're looking so grown up now!'


...Musings
Food & Drink: This week I have consumed enough food to feed a family of four, and enough drink to last a class of 15 year-olds a whole night. Highlights have been pizzas at Fire and Stone, cakes from Patisserie Valerie, beef stew and rice from Spinach & Agushi, and cocktails from Graphic Bar which were served in little paint tins.


Recipe of the Week: This weeks concoction was Coffee and Walnut cake, a favourite of mine. I altered the recipe I found slightly by using espresso rather than dissolved instant coffee, and using cream cheese icing rather than butter icing which I then flavored with more espresso, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment