Tuesday 2 February 2010

Bad Taste & Bad Manners

Thoughts on the Day...
I went to Edinburgh this weekend for a friend's 21st Birthday. Had lots of fun and got to see, albeit very briefly, Edinburgh which looks like a lovely city. I had never been further North than Manchester before this weekend, and so it was a great opportunity to check out some more of the UK. It was lovely going through cities like Newcastle, with all the neat streets of terraced houses still covered in show along side massive modern structures.

 

Anyway, to the party. The theme was that of bad taste, and when you give me a theme I will deliver. I think those of us that made the trip to Edinburgh put in a little more effort with costumes, but it was a great party and my friend had a fun night (at least the bits she can remember). 

 



...Musings
Use a tissue! I have ranted about this to a few people already but it happened again today and quite frankly I'm sick of it. Why do people insist on picking their noses in public?! My first recent experience happened on the Jubilee Line the other day when the man opposite me decided to have a good old pick deep into his nasal passages and then wipe it off on the seat next to him. The second occurred on a train into Charing Cross when a woman across the aisle thought she would have a dig and then inspect the finds in her hands for a while. And then today on the Bakerloo Line a man picked his nose and wiped it on his trousers, without even trying to hide what he was doing. Use a tissue or save it till you get home!

Fans? One of the nicest things that I found out this weekend was that several of my friends have actually been reading this page. Thank you guys so much, I look set to reach 100 hits tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment