Sunday 17 January 2010

Cake & Books

Thoughts on the Day...
Went for my second run of 2010 this morning, last year one of my goals was to run a 10k which I never did. So this year I really plan to do one, and I have to say I'm making progress I can probably run 6k comfortably. Then off to The Duke of Wellington on Portobello Road to celebrate a family birthday. The cake was amazing, made to look like a stage, complete with ornate stage surround and curtains. This also meant a huge amount of thick royal icing, all of which I ate, while drinking a coffee. All that sugar + caffeine = headache & a massive sugar rush.

  

...Musings
Essay: Sadly most of my brain power has been used today thinking about an essay I have due on Thursday. 3000 words on the political and cultural relationship between Japan and The Philippines. My university, SOAS, has one of the best libraries in the country, with over 300 books just on Japanese-Filipino relations, and yet I have so far written only 375 words. Help.




No comments:

Post a Comment