Tuesday 19 January 2010

A Non-Croydon Ikea

Thoughts on the Day...
After sitting through another two-hour Japanese lesson that did little to reassure my feels of yesterday, I joined my boyfriend, his sister, and his brother-in-law for an evening trip to Ikea in Wembley. I, myself have only ever been a patron of the Croydon branch, and so I was wondering what Wembley had to offer. In truth they are pretty much exactly the same, only this time when I left, I had absolutely no idea where I was. Ikea has always been a treat for me, I can get lost walking through their room mock-ups and fantasizing about future properties I will one day own...



...Musings
Lost London: Again, apart from that glorious essay that I will dedicate tomorrow to, a book caught my eye today in The Guardian. Entitled 'Lost London' it is filled with unseen photographs of London taken between 1875 and 1945, and sounds right up my street, I shall be looking out for that in bookshops... Then I saw this fellow walking out of Charing Cross today and thought that he wouldn't look out of place in the pages of Lost London, I particularly like the bag in his right hand. I suspect it's an old doctors bag, but was in really good condition. 




No comments:

Post a Comment